About the job
An exciting opportunity to join our client’s team and to work on a project for a worldwide Provider of equipment and services for data centers with strong operations in Romania, as the Global Risk Oversight function you’ll have to enhance and protect organizational value through business partnering that provides risk-based and objective assurance as well as identifies continuous improvement opportunities to facilitate company’s ability to meet financial and operational objectives.
The primary responsibilities of the position will be to conduct audit procedures in support of the company’s SOX program, plan and perform audit projects, and complete other duties as directed by Global Risk Oversight (GRO) leadership. In addition, the successful candidate will, from time to time, provide consultative support services to strengthen risk mitigation practices, increase internal control awareness, and drive positive change and continuous improvement across business functions.
As part of GRO, the role will reside in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and will report to the GRO Senior Audit Manager.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the core businesses, processes, risks, and internal control activities.
- Lead and execute test procedures in accordance with applicable audit standards and the department’s standard audit methodology.
- Deliver quality results within established deadlines.
- Clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing the results of audit and consulting projects.
- Build trust and effective relationships throughout the organization.
- Assist in the development of the risk-based annual plan.
- Continuously expand knowledge and expertise to affect positive and rapid change.
- Provide actionable recommendations to remediate issues disclosed during audits and projects.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with colleagues, external contacts, and professional associations.
- Stay informed of changes relevant to internal policies, procedures, and practices.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assist in assessing the design decisions for planned system implementations and/or enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with financial, operational, and IT teams across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Scientist, Business Management, or a similar field
- CPA/ACCA, CIA, CFE, or like certifications (or willingness to obtain).
- Big 4 and/or public accounting experience (3-5 years).
- Experience with data analysis and/or visualization tools is a plus.
- Fluent, both written and verbal, in English.
- SOX testing experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the planning, fieldwork, and reporting activities related to financial and risk-based audits.
- Familiarity with typical audit documentation including business process flowcharting, walkthrough, and test of internal control operating effectiveness documentation.
- Familiarity with key business processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; organization skills; ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, and/or Visio experience is a plus.
- Oracle financial module familiarity is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis or visualization tools is a plus.
What our client is offering
- Access to highly skilled experts to bring you the latest in learning and development with
- training in leadership, technical and personal development.
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits