About the job
An exciting opportunity to join our client’s team and to work on a project for a worldwide Provider of equipment and services for data centers with strong operations in Romania, as a QA Engineer your duties will include the creation and execution of scenarios for testing new existing programs from specifications provided in accordance with the appropriate standards.
The role will be in Cluj-Napoca, Global Business Shared Services Finance.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Performs activities, individually or as part of a team, using knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Plans, designs, and performs tests of programs, corrects errors, and performs new tests to obtain error-free results.
- Documents all work in accordance with accepted standards.
- Performs evaluations of supplied specifications, individually or as a team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the issues of interest to the project and proposes viable solutions in the area of competence.
- Approaches daily work with ethics, responsibility, discipline, and ownership, knowing that everything done has an impact on the company and personal development.
- Performs software testing activities according to specifications received from the Project Manager/Team Lead.
- For each project performs software product testing activities:
- Create test scenarios, test plans, and test reports.
- Test scenario execution, identifying defects and anomalies in the application and reporting defects.
- Reporting daily results by sending daily status to the line manager and other stakeholders (if applicable).
- Participate in project meetings to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Is continuously informed and documented on the data required to perform the project testing activity.
- Performs any other testing activity or preparation of project documentation of interest.
- Together with the project team, identifies product characteristics, use cases, and the desired way of operation.
- Constantly documents the latest developments in his/her field of activity and attends company courses in order to improve the knowledge required for testing and other job-specific activities
- Ensures the proper functioning of the equipment, including devices if working with such equipment. To do this, he/she follows the instructions for use and reports any malfunctions to the Manager/Team Lead/IT department.
- Secondary or higher education or equivalent.
- The average level of competence in software testing.
- Good knowledge of English (Written and Spoken).
- Proficiency in scripting languages. Ex: bash, PowerShell.
- Experience working with databases (SQL).
- Knowledge of software tools that automate or assist part of the development process. Example: Visual Studio.
- Interpersonal skills – working and collaborating in a team.
- Ability to work efficiently, meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge related to testing work: writing/creating test documents (test plan, test cases, test report), test case execution, and defect reporting.
- Knowledge of software and hardware technologies.
- Knowledge of operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Knowledge of Client/Server application architecture.
- Knowledge of the stages of a software development process and software product development methods.
What our client is offering
- Access to highly skilled experts to bring you the latest in learning and development with
- training in leadership, technical and personal development.
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits