About the job
An exciting opportunity to join our client team, a major financial institution with a world class digital center in Romania, as a Java Software Engineer who will help architecting / implementing our client solutions, carrying out response activities in terms of technical analysis, solution design, high-level and detailed technical documentation, implementation and non-functional testing guidelines.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Client & server-side programming support in Java stack;
- Developing services to communicate with/aggregate data from sources using JSON REST/SOAP;
- Provides support for full implementation lifecycle of mobile apps and server-side solutions with ownership on solution implementation within high quality standards;
- Analysis, interpretation and validation of specification, carrying out responsible activities in terms of technical analysis documentation, analyzing the impact on the overall architecture;
- Doing performance analysis, monitoring strategies and execution, validation of technical design;
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation;
- Interface with other teams such as Business Analysts, Technical Analysts & Developers, Quality Engineers, Backend teams;
- Work in fast paced environment with iterative releases to production using up to date development process (JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, etc.) and modern IDEs (i.e. IntelliJ IDEA);
- Modelling data components used on mobile clients for data representation and interaction;
- Doing code quality review, validation of technical design;
- Research of external services and APIs and making solutions proposals which fit target architecture;
- Liaison with enterprise Infrastructure for required hardware & software;
Qualification and competencies
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent;
- At least 1-3 years of experience in software delivery, design & development for mobile native / Java EE technologies
- Good grasp of programming base concepts and algorithms;
- Ability to technical drive the team;
- Experience developing with SOAP / REST Web Services and integrations via enterprise service bus;
- Knowledge of Spring based frameworks;
- Knowledge of service distributed applications;
- Knowledge of scalable architectures;
- Knowledge of DB architectures (especially Exadata);
- Experience with programing design & cryptography knowledge;
- Good customer facing skills and good command of English both spoken and written.
Technical nice to have
- Knowledge of Splunk;
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Swift is an advantage, same for cryptography knowledge;
- Designing services to communicate with/aggregate data from sources using JSON REST/SOAP is an advantage;
- Real-life experience with performance inquiry and improvements (Dynatrace, PerfMon, JMeter, JProfiler);
- DevOps background
Personality & Soft Skills
- Teamwork, mentorship.
- Open-minded, structured and result oriented personality.
- Willing to learn new things.
- Pragmatic and problem-solving mind.
- Good negotiator focused on win-win solutions.
- Ability to work in challenging environment, “can do” and “extra mile” attitude.
What our client is offering
- Flexible working hours.
- The possibility of working remote 2 days / week.
- A professional but still friendly work environment.
- Access to internal benefits platform with a dedicated budget that you will be able to use, in order to choose the most suitable benefits for you.
- Healthcare services from one of the agreed providers (3 potential options).
- Holidays accorded based on your working experience (21 up to 25 days).
- Career in a leading international banking group, build on the diversity of its strong local roots.
- Dynamic and multinational environment, full of growing opportunities.
- Enhance knowledge and skills, setting solid foundations for a professional development in the IT area of the financial industry.