About the job
An exciting opportunity to join our client’s team and to work on a project for a worldwide Provider of equipment and services for data centers with strong operations in Romania, as FP&A Business Analyst Sales, you will use your business acumen and industry knowledge to ensure the overall success of the business in the EMEA region. You will work closely with the senior leadership team to implement the vision and strategy for the business in the region.
- Works directly with the FP&A Manager Sales and Finance Business Partner Sales to own the Sales reporting and analysis by country, region, and total function, supporting the financial reviews and driving the development of the reporting.
- This role contributes to the following Function responsibilities:
- Key responsibility of the Sales Function is to provide decisional support regarding Sales and business strategy, by reviewing financial performance, understanding and validating performance drivers, and connecting the operational metrics with financial performance.
- Have a continuous view of current Sales, perform variance analysis Actual vs Forecast vs Previous year results, identify major variance drivers -investigate and take corrective actions, if needed.
- Challenge the numbers to obtain a sufficient understanding of these, to provide key performance messages, through consolidated projections summarized into the Waterfall reporting files.
- Assisting in budget construction for the next financial cycle.
- Monthly forecasting of Orders, Sales, and SG&A cost for Selling Function, by entity, country, and submission in Hyperion Planning.
- Direct point of contact for Sales FP&A requirements
- Successful transitioning and continuation of regional activities from countries into the functional reporting structure, carefully evaluating activities that can be discontinued in the process and ensuring any gaps in reporting requirements from the organization are identified, captured, and raised with the FP&A Sales Manager with a proposal on how the gap will be filled.
- Take a positive approach to drive teamwork and knowledge sharing inside the team and organization: run scheduled and ad-hoc analyses, participate in team meetings and share your professional experiences, and share new knowledge you gather about the processes and challenges you have faced. Providing cover and support to other members of the team as and when required.
- Take a positive approach to improving the financial reporting and analysis requirements and business processes: work proactively with the FP&A Sales Manager, and FP&A Analysts towards building & developing reports to support financial planning, management reporting, and regular and ad hoc analyses.
- Focus on self-growth and development, keeping an open mind to change and assuming positive intent, and apply the knowledge in your day-to-day work.
- Be innovative: bring your own ideas of improvements inside the team, and look at each process and task with the goal of constantly improving it to bring more value to the customer, to you, the team, and the organization.
- Own their job: approach your daily work and internal customers with ethics, responsibility, discipline, and ownership, knowing that everything you do has an impact on the company, and your development.
Education: University Degree in Economics or Finance or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of postgraduate experience in FP&A.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to transform a user’s reporting and/or analysis needs into insightful reporting and/or analysis “visuals” as appropriate – e.g. bridges, trends, graphs to communicate key performance messages.
- Experienced data mining expert with the ability to use that data, transforming it into insightful reports that visualize key messages through e.g. trends and variances; Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; experience with front-end analysis and reporting tools – MS Office (advanced Excel skills), PowerBI is a plus; experience with financial planning systems – Hyperion Planning is preferred.
- Worked in an international and culturally diverse organization.
- Experience in conducting transition work; process mapping skills and/or Lean – Six Sigma would be advantageous.
Language skills: English – Minimum C1 English Language requirements
Attitude of mind:
- Business-oriented and commercial with profit as a primary aim.
- Self-confident, and assertive to deal with inevitable conflict.
- Not thrown by ambiguity, uncertainty, and risk.
- Effective communication skills; in writing, numbers, graphs, and images.
- Effective influencing skills, using a style that matches the circumstances – logical persuasion, consensus building, visioning, and using power.
- Analytical skills – the ability to look at a problem from different perspectives, produce structured and useful information, and make recommendations.
Demonstrates the following behaviors & key knowledge:
- Passion for modern FP&A and a desire to understand that whilst we learn from past performance trends, projections can only be evaluated through clean data and high-quality conversations. Target setting is an ambition and not to be confused with the budget which is a resource allocation process, and the reliability of the forecast is increased through understanding the behaviors that influence the forecast data, such as bonus schemes and incentives. Increasing the reliability of the forecast is particularly important as some of our customers are particularly sensitive to the VUCA marketplace that they operate in and their performance directly impacts our business.
- Curiosity, empathy, critical thinking, and idea generation, creativity, knowledge of data sources and systems, spreadsheet and systems skills, research methods, project management, evidence assessment, bias awareness, stakeholder analysis, systems thinking, objectivity.
- Up to 20% travel required.
Occupational health and safety responsibilities and environmental protection
- Properly use work equipment, hazardous substances, transport equipment, and other means of production.
- Properly use the individual protective equipment provided and, after use, return it or put it in the place for storage.
- Do not disable, change or arbitrarily remove its own security devices, especially machines, appliances, tools, technical installations, and buildings, and use these devices correctly.
- Check the work equipment before use to ensure that it is safe from the point of view of safety and health.
- Immediately notify the manager of the workplace and/or the designated workers of any work situation he/she has reason to believe to be a danger to the safety and health of workers, as well as any deficiency of the protective systems.
- Notify the job manager and/or the employer about accidents suffered by their own person and/or other participants in the work process.
- Cooperate with the employer and/or appointed workers for as long as required to enable any measures or demands made by labor inspectors and/or health inspectors to carry out necessary checks.
- Co-operate for as long as required with the employer and/or appointed workers to enable the employer to ensure that the work environment and working conditions are safe in accordance with health and safety standards.
- Ensures familiarity with and observes the provisions of applicable health and safety legislation as well as their application in emergency situations. Be the point of contact with labor inspectors and/or health inspectors, when and where required.
- Participate in scheduled health and safety training and attend regular medical check-ups.
- The employee has the obligation to ensure the safety, security, and confidentiality of the data with which he/she operates, and the computer applications used during the performance of their duties.
- The company commits itself to lead its affairs in accordance with the legislation in force and the standards of business conduct, which are reflected in the company’s policies and procedures.
What our client is offering
- Access to highly skilled experts to bring you the latest in learning and development with
- training in leadership, technical and personal development.
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits